Originally Posted by slammerkin
When I'm editing meta-data in calibre, I noticed that whatever I have written in the “series” line is preceded by “Book I of” in the spec column for the book on the right of the screen. It does this when I'm listing book 2, 3, etc- but when I look back at the meta-data field, this “Book I of” isn't in the field; just what I wrote. Because of this, I think it's putting my books out of order- in a trilogy for example, each book is listed in alphabetical order rather than the trilogy order, since the meta-data starts all of them with “Book 1 of”.
Does anyone know how I can edit out the “Book I of” that appears in every series' meta-data?
I've included screen shots to show what I mean:
Screenshot 1a- shows the spec column that says “book 1 info” before my own series text
Screenshot 1b- shows the “edit metadata” screen/box, and the “book I info” is not in the series field, so I don't know how to remove it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really tech-savvy, and fairly new to Calibre, so if possible, please put any suggestions in layman’s terms for me (sorry).
- One last thing: a few days ago, when I launched calibre it said there was a new update, so I followed the prompts to install it (0.9.8). When I restarted my laptop, it gave me the same update notice; and it's still doing it today. I'm going to re-update it, but i'm positive I did the first time, so I don't know if this might be related to to the issues I'm having or not, but just wanted to put that out there.
You should not be writing the book number in the series name box just beside the series box is the number that where you should use. The way you are doing it calibre will read as "romanav book 1" and "romanav book 2" as different series