View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #35
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Thanks for the kind words about FlashForward.
I would love a novel exploring "season 2" of Flashforward, along the lines of the novel sequel for Kenneth Johnson's 1980's "V", among others.

I also got to see you on Space's "Inner Space" a time or two now (mostly recently touting "Triggers", if memory serves). It's too bad TV Ontario's "Prisoners of Gravity" is no longer on TV, you would have made an awesome guest for that show IMO.

Quote:
Of all the readers I own -- and that's only a partial list under my name -- my favourite is the Kobo Glo. Combined with the fabric heather-grey SleepCover, it is a near-perfect e-ink device. Also, I can't stand full justification on narrow screens, and Kindle doesn't offer an easy way to turn that off; Kobo does.
Interesting. I've only ever owned Kobo e-readers, so I didn't know that about full-justification not being easy to turn off on others. I'd add that the ability to set font weight on the Glo is a big feature for me, as I often find the font weight too light for my liking on most e-ink screens.

[/QUOTE]Here's a partial survey (now two years old) of some of the ebook readers I've owned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWvbhE7tbOY[/QUOTE]

Just finished watching the whole thing (OK, watching parts, listening to other parts). Interesting collection, thank you for sharing.

But I was completely serious about buying a novel sequel to Flashforward on day 1 (which would be a sequel to the TV show, as the original book didn't seem designed for a sequel versus the cliffhanger ending to the TV series).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote