Thread: Mini Getting Started?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #11
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
Ok, let me get this right.........since I am just now reading up on how to use this thing and am signed into www.kobo.con.........am I right in suggesting that the KOBO is not designed for us to use our own ebooks and that it is set up just in order that it wants us to only have books on it we have purchased from them???
No.

Quote:
IF that is the case.....i am going to assume that there is a method for me to use to get my own ebooks on this device yet I still have not figured it out and what seems to be clear to all of you is not yet clear to me
Once your Kobo is set up properly and your books are in the right format, you can either just drag and drop them straight onto the device, or you can put them on there with Calibre. You don't need to read every single thing about Calibre first if you're just doing a default move-to-device action. Just make sure your version of Calibre is up to date, use its setup wizard defaults and you're good to go.

If you're still having problems with Calibre itself, you might want to post in that forum. Be prepared to give exact examples of what books are causing you trouble, their source, and the precise steps you've taken so far.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote