View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlodidier View Post
Thanks for your comments. I'm definetely not looking into a CLI interface. What I want is something like calibre, BUT without copying the eBooks. Just manage them (the metadata) like a catalog in Lightroom where images stay where they are but are managed by the application, with all the metadata only in the database.
I can't see why the books have to be copied somewhere else. That's just stupid.
@carlodidier - if you don't need the features of Calibre that operate on the book content files (PDF, MOBI, EPUB, etc) - e.g. conversion, e-book reader integration etc, then perhaps you could adapt my scheme for 'linking' non book files into Calibre - see my exchange with Lynx-lynx starting at post 13 in this thread ===>>> http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196599

It is OK to have a book in Calibre with no actual book content files

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote