Dummies Guide to Purchasing UK Kindle Books from the US
Folks, I could use some help, and you guys have always been able to answer my questions in the past.
I'm in the US, and I want to purchase for my Kindle three books that are only available in the UK Kindle store. I am *not* planning to do this on a regular basis, so that might make a difference, I'm not sure.
I've been doing my research and it seems that I need to:
1) Find a UK proxy server, so it looks like I'm in the UK. (No idea how to do that.)
2) Find a UK address, like a hotel in London.
3) Add that address to my Amazon.com account, and make it the default address.
4) Purchase my three books. How do I pay for them? Can I buy an Amazon.com gift card and use that, or can I use my US credit card? Do I need to figure a certain percentage for taxes/fees/VAT? What about the currency conversion issue--will Amazon UK accept a gift card denominated in US dollars?
5) Download and transfer to my Kindle via USB, instead of using Whispernet.
6) Change my address back to my US address, and hope that Amazon doesn't get mad.
Is there anything that I've overlooked? The proxy server and the payment issue are the two biggies, and I would appreciate some dummy-proof instructions. The only time I buy things overseas, it's a simple import and I just pay with my credit card and everything else gets handled automatically, all I have to do is wait two or three weeks for the package.