Originally Posted by Ilogis
Thanks for the big patch, I love the new features, especially the background color.
Some do not work well though.
- Update from 2.0 to 2.1 does not seem to work, I could not open folder and do almost everything. I had to uninstall 2.0 and fresh install 2.1.
- I don't understand the cover view mode, what is the picture of the folder it will take to make it my cover? The first picture? All I have is a blank frame (I have 1 folder)
- I don't know how to use the new contrast/brightness option too. After I changed contrast of the image, turned page and it backed to normal. It still remembered the contrast value.
And I hope you can place the contrast option higher, in landscape mode I have to scroll 2 times to get to it
I will investigate deeper (I'm not at home now!)
Anyway here are some info:
1) did you use the auto update feature or did you use the standard mode (bin in /mnt/us)?
2) cover view makes the thumbnails out of the first image of every folder which is supposed to be the cover of a comic.
As you have only 1 folder inside Gallery, you should only see one cover.
Anyway, try this:
- disable and then enable the cover view mode in options
- close and restart Komic
I added some debug info in the start up process, so if cover view is working, you should see this on the screen:
- GATHERING INFORMATION...
- COUNTING PAGES...
- CREATING THUMBNAILS...
The last message should be visible for the time needed to create thumbnails. If cover view is disabled from the option menu, you should see:
- COVER VIEW DISABLED...
3) Contrast/brightness are automatically set to every page ONLY if you press confirm before closing the box. Please read the linked page in the first post for more information.
The box, anyway, should be visible in the same position every time! It doesn't depend on the position on the page but on the actually displayed page!
So, summing up, I didn't ever have any of those problems! And, moreover, I think they are all related to a problem during the update process...
It could be really helpful if you tell me how you installed Komic so that I can reproduce it!