View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #319
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Love the use of "Google's Android Platform." Thought Samsung has a platform, HTC has a platform, Apple has a platform etc but Google has very little platform as yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
That is precisely the point - Android isn't a platform, it's several operating systems that are fragmenting due to hardware manufacturers/retailers (shock, horror ) trying to lock their customers into their version of an App Store etc...
I'm not sure what tablet you're trying to view the Google Play Store from, but it certainly looks like a platform to me, and a pretty extensive one. Books, Music, Movies, Apps, Devices, Cloud Storage, integrated payment system...

Of the competing Android hardware manufacturers you mention, along with many others, all can access the Google platform. The one you could have mentioned which would have been a valid observation would have been Amazon, but even there, the other Android manufacturers can access Amazon's 'platform' as well.

I'll agree that it's still true that Apple's platform leads the way for integration and content, but to argue that Google doesn't have a significant platform seems to be over-egging the pudding.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 12-03-2012 at 08:03 AM.