View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #126
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 309
Karma: 547600
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Paris
Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Thanks for your answer tshering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Therefore, if there is really a need to take care of "l'abri", "s'attarder" and so on this would be better done by the software by removing l', s', qu' and so on while searching. And the KT does this already in a simple way. If you point your finger on "l'heure" it will auto-select "heure" and the correct definition will pop up. I found only a few expressions in the Larousse that would get "lost" in this way, namely "qu'en-dira-t-on", "c'est--dire" and "m'as-tu-vu". There might be some more cases, but I think this mechanism works in general rather well. To my mind, adding all l'-expressions and so on would be more pain than gain.
I must have missed something, because I think it should indeed be handled by the software : consider ' to be a word delimiter. But on my glo if I put my finger on l'abris and wait for the dictionary to appear, it will say it cannot find an entrance for "l'abris" so it does consider it to be one word. Maybe I have to resize the selection, maybe I can get rid of the l' by moving the left delimiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering
If you did not find anything that worked for you you can try converting it with calibre to epub. This will give you one or several (x)html files. However, I did not try it myself.
Thanks I didn't try that, I tried moby_unpack which seems to work fine, except it does output an html with a big line of approximately 60 Mo (that's for my smallest dictionary). Now I have to decide for the best language to handle that. I think C would be best but it's been a long time since I didn't program in C, maybe some perl or Python but I would have to reformat the file first I think.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote