View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
If you load books directly from Calibre there will be folders sorted by Authors last name. In the Library (accessed easily by the home button) there's a choice of "All "Books" "Shelves" My Files". You'll find this under:

My Files -> My Files Folder ->Books folder (same with main Nook or added card)

You can also just do a search for a book title or author with the Search Function - accessed by the Nook home button.

Because I drag around so many books and different authors I like to sort my books by genre. (This doesn't affect the other sorting options of "Author" "Title" "Most Recent" the Nook offers.) I tag my books on Calibre but The Nook can't read tags unless it's rooted. So instead of sending my books to the Nook via "Send To Device" I created folders by genre on my Nook (and the card) under the Books Folder and sent the books by genre choosing "Save To Disk" and "Save Only To Single Directory " The big drawback is not having the convenience of sorting by multiple tags since some books cross genres.

In the directory that's

Nook -> MyFiles -> Books ->

I created sub folders "Mysteries", "Historical Fiction", "Fantasy" etc

If you don't use Calibre you can just move files into these sub directories using your computer's file system.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote