View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Not to rain too much on Jon's rant, but Penguin is not the only publisher to paste generic bookcovers to their ebooks.

A quick look at my Calibre library of Kindle books shows Tor, Knopf, Simon and Schuster, Harper Collins (all my Discworld books), Delcorte Press, and Anchor Books/Random House.
I know this. But Penguin is the only one to use a generic cover with NO TEXT AT ALL so you don't get the title of the book or even the author. Penguin goes two steps further into generic covers. So if you are using a cover browser or look at thumbnails of the cover, you may very well get indistinguishable covers.

A lot of people do not remove the DRM or use Calibre to manage content. So they get stuck with a cover that is the exact same as some other Penguin eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote