View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #367
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
The library had several Murakami titles available on eAudio. I got The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. I only got to listen to about 20 minutes of it as I spend the night at my cousin's on my "swing shift" night due to my terrible commute. Kafka on the Shore, as I mentioned, did leave me scratching my head but I still appreciated the lovely writing so I'm up for more Murakami.
Let us know how you like the Wind-up Bird Chronicle, it's on my 'read soon' list (and my library wishlist) and I got the audiobook of 1Q84 from Audible during a sale for my husband. I haven't attempted either yet due to their size.

Quote:
I am going to digress and just say how much I love my public library system. I (and other residents of my Parish) are so lucky. We're the wealthiest Parish bordering New Orleans and have a well-funded system with a great collection and many branches. They actually have more eBooks and eAudiobooks than the New Orleans Public Library has!
I love mine too. I don't mind paying more taxes, since we get nice things like well-stocked libraries for them. There are as many ebooks/audiobooks in my library as in those in the US with 5 or 10 times the population base.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote