I wish to see some improvement in future firmware:
- First of all support of hierarchical TOC, now all TOC entries are at the same level.
- About front light, I am one of those thinks that minimum light is too bright to read in total darkness, please if it is possible via software add one or two steps lower, otherwise add a night mode(white text on black background) it should be useful to absorb part of the lightness.
- Many ebook with linked notes has small superscript numbers as active text, that are too small to be easily selected by a finger, a way to make link area bigger or easier to select would be nice.
- A hierarchical library navigation would be nuce too, I'm thinking to a list of Authors, selecting an Author his books are displayed, it should make easier to move in a big library.
- I like how dictionary works, but a serious improvement could be that if the read book is in the same language wich is set in kobo settings, the first dictionary displayed is the definition dictionary, if the book is in a different language from the settings, the displayed dictionary should be directly the translation one. For exemple: assuming a kobo set in english, if I read an english book and select a word kobo shows me the definition, if I'm reading a spanish book it shows me directly the ES-EN translation and only if asked the spanish definition.
- I like Facebook integration, but Anobii (or goodread too) would be a way nicer in my opinion, also an integration with Evernote could be a great thing, I immagine highlights and notes automatically sent to Evernote and saved in a Notebook automatically named as the book (some reference to the page number in wich the note is would be amazing, but i think is hard).
Last of all, sorry for my terrible english, hope this post is understandable.