View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
levon
levon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
levon, welcome to MobileRead. I am sorry to hear of your problems. That does not sound like normal ghosting! Since you bought two Nooks at the same store and they both have the same issue, it could be that they were both part of a bad quality batch.
Hi .. thank you for your post (and welcome).

Yes, I was wondering about that. Might be worth driving to a different Target for the next exchange on the off-chance that this might be it.

Quote:
Or, I have another theory. I wonder if you have the older firmware. You can check under Settings > Device Info > About Your Nook. It will tell you the software version. The current version is 1.2.0. I think it was 1.1.0 that fixed significant issues with ghosting and fonts. I would recommend that you update the firmware to the latest version and then see how it looks.
Already tried that (I'm a computer scientists, so the inner nerd in me looked for this possibility right away ) but it didn't help (good suggestion though).

I also recently got my first tablet (Nexus 7), but I really like the Nook for its simplicity and single purpose and would much prefer reading on it without any distractions - I favor minimalism. So I really want to this to work out badly. If I could secretly swap screens between the new one and the one from the public library (which is used of course) I'd do it

Hopefully exchanging it at a different Target will help - otherwise I'm not sure how to proceed.
levon is offline   Reply With Quote