View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #18
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
...authors are way more likely to make sure their ebooks are properly proofread etc.
I'm not so certain about this. Some that I have seen, such as Norman Spinrad, seem to run pages through OCR and do a quickie conversion. Resulting in OCR errors and horrendous formatting. I don't think they've even glanced at the resulting file. Maybe they assumed that the software was magic.

A King or a Grisham may have plenty of money to hire people to do a proper job, but will the mid-level writers be willing to spend any money. Will they even consider the possibility or will they just turn to the magic software.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote