View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
When I was in the military, there was a few places to carry a pen but not really a piece of paper in your uniform. Yes we had pockets, but many times no paper. Something would happen to it. What worked was to keep a piece or paper or a card rigged in your hat or helmet.
It's a pity that top hats have gone out of fashion. If you read 19th and early 20th century novels, as I do, you constantly read references to people carrying things in them. Businessmen carried documents in their top hat; doctors carried their stethoscope in theirs. Very useful things . I suspect that's one reason that English doctors continued to wear frock coats and top hats until the mid years of the 20th century - long after they'd gone out of general fashion.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-29-2012 at 10:50 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote