View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
csg1964
csg1964 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Newbie with hopefully not stupid questions

I am trying to organize a really large - and growing - collection of eBooks in a lot of different formats.

First - please explain if Calibre makes another copy of my eBooks - I'm running out of disk space! (A current project is organizing my hard drive, with regard to all the 'stuff' I've saved over the years - eBooks, music, pictures - stored on my laptop and 3 externals right now! Anyone have a system for this?)

.. and if yes, it does make a copy, can I delete the copy I have in an "eBooks" folder that I'm having Calibre read from once they are copied?

I am wondering if it's easier to keep my Kindle for PC books separate from my Calibre library - since I have no desire to convert them individually. While I do have multiple formats of some books, I don't for all.

In essence - I have multiple formats of books in multiple folders, and I really just want ONE copy of each.

I also have a Cruz eBook reader, and a smartphone, that I'd eventually like to transfer some of my eBooks to, to carry around. I haven't the slightest clue how to begin syncing this. I'd like to copy some books to these devices, and then delete them when I'm done, keeping the original eBook on an external device to hold my collection.

I'd also like to be able to add any acquired eBooks to the storage on the external, without duplicates.

Would anyone like to take on the project of explaining solutions to me? I'd SO appreciate it!!
csg1964 is offline   Reply With Quote