View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #21491
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Black, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
But Dutch is strange, full of aa's and ae's and oe's and all that stuff ...
Besides it's more fun to read books in the language they were written, unless you plan to read Dutch authors in which case a Dutch Amazon would make sense

PS: Why don't you try the Kobo store, it seems they are localized in their offer of books.
I read Dutch books in Dutch, however, I don't really like Dutch book. The last books in Dutch I read were the Belgian detective series Van In by Pieter Aspe.

I recently heard somewhere that authors such as Nicci French release the Dutch translation of their new novel at the same time or even before the original English version is released. This because the Dutch will buy the English version if it's released before the Dutch version and causing less sales of for their Dutch publisher as a result.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote