View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505, Nook Color(CM7), iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
If we're talking about the print edition, sure. You can just flip the page—annoying but not life-changing. However, advertising on mobile devices frequently takes the form of persistent banner ads, which occupy 10-20% of your screen. I was shocked, and really really pissed, when I discovered that my paid subscription to the NYTimes did not exempt me from seeing these on their mobile app.
Again, why I like Zinio, and an advantage of the old, outmoded, method.
The magazine I read is exactly the same as the print version.
The ads are the print ads, and easily skipped.
If you want new, digital magazines, they are likely to come with new, digital advertising.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote