View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
DSpider
Addict
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch 2G (16 GB)
ADE is not that great, IMO.
  • it needs .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. I hate software like this.
  • I can't adjust the margins on-the-fly, like in Kindle for PC. It splits into three pages on a widescreen monitor.
  • the cover thumbnail quirk still hasn't been fixed. I mean, come on... I saw a tutorial that said not to bother with the thumbnail cover in ADE, because it's a bug in the current version. That tutorial was from 2010. :| They still haven't fixed it.

From my experience, small caps didn't show up correctly in ADE, but they did in iBooks. On the other hand, a smiley face from the Wingdings font did show up in ADE, but not in iBooks; go figure. Even with the extra file for embedded fonts.

Reading software is far from perfect. We're back in 1999 where the same web page looked differently in every browser. My advice is to try and stick to as plain e-book as possible, without fancy CSS that will most likely be interpreted differently on each device.

Last edited by DSpider; 11-27-2012 at 08:41 PM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote