View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I should have expanded. I'm sure it's nice to read text on, but right now I read comics on an older iPad and the lettering is not as sharp as it needs to be. I'm looking for an substantial upgrade, not a sidegrade. (The storage is obviously also an issue.)
I bought an iPad 1 and was totally disappointed with the screen as far as reading text for books. Apps were mostly okay with the 132 ppi resolution screen. But compared to my iPad 3 with 268 ppi resolution screen the iPad 1 seems like a POS. Text is crystal clear and sharp. I know a lot of fanboys and fangirls are saying the mini has a terrific screen, but to be honest I think they would say that about anything with an Apple logo on it. The mini has slightly better resolution than the iPad 1 and 2 at 162 ppi, but at best that is comparable to screens released two years ago.

Apple really doesn't need to put a Retina screen (2096 * 1536) in the mini, just bump it to 1440 * 1080 for a resolution of 228 ppi and it will rock. That way they can keep the 4 to 3 ratio, and use half as many pixels as a retina screen but with very sharp resolution.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote