View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I know this has been covered before. (I just looked up a few of the threads.)

But I don't see any reference to this so...

when I build alsa-lib I get a warning about Unknown EABI object attribute 44

And when I use the resulting libsound.a I get errors (saying similar things about the EABI)

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp --sysroot=/arm -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wno-long-long -fstrength-reduce -fthread-jumps -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks -frerun-cse-after-loop -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fPIC -s lcd.o refresh.o lcdc.o palette.o cpu.o mem.o rtc.o hw.o sound.o events.o keytable.o loader.o save.o debug.o emu.o main.o rccmds.o rckeys.o rcvars.o rcfile.o exports.o split.o path.o inflate.o sys/nix/nix.o sys/fbdev/fbdev.o sys/linux/kindleinput.o sys/alsa/alsa.o -o fbgnuboy -lasound

Code:
/arm/usr/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dshare.o): In function `snd_pcm_dshare_start_timer':
pcm_dshare.c:(.text+0x108): warning: 
/opt/arm-2007q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: Warning: /arm/usr/lib/libasound.a(timer_symbols.o): Unknown EABI object attribute 44
the TC is the 2007q3 CodeSourcery one.

So I guess I am asking for some pointers on figuring out these types of errors

(the alsa lib ver is /usr/local/src/alsa-lib-1.0.25/src)

thanks
I would first suspect that your binutils version is too old.
You should be able to update just those without re-building the compiler itself.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote