View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
When is a book not a book when its a DOC!?

Here is an odd one?

I have in my house three daughters.

Two of them are budding authors and regularly type short stories or poems. I in turn, using Calibre, MOBI them up and drop them on their normal Kindle4NT.

Now they have, for Christmas, Kindle Fire HDs. I'm slowly going through and making sure when they get turned on, on Christmas day they are away. So I've dl'ed apps (found via the web or recommendations here) signed them up for Skype, Gmail etc

Today I installed a few books and thought it would be nice to upload each others stories to their new Kindles.

After a successful install I went to check they where there. 3 of the Showed in the books but not the other 7?

I restarted the Kindle to see if this sorted it and it didn't.

So I searched on the Kindle and then I saw 3 Books and bellow 7 DOCs. Opening this there where the stories.

I assumed they hadn't been MOBI'ed up so jumping back on Calibre checked and they where.

So I deleted them from the device and reinstalled.

The same again?

Where am I going wrong here?
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote