View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by relbeig View Post
My KT is 11 months old, I sync'd it yesterday by WiFi and since then it isn't recognized by my computer, it is frozen with a white screen, and the green light flashes all the time. I have tried the pin reset - just switches off the green light which comes back on again when I switch on. Have tried the factory reset by holding home button and sliding power on......both quickly and also holding power for long time - nothing......PLEASE HELP! Does this qualify as a warranty claim if I can't get it to restart?

Thanks in advance for any help.
First, make sure you apply the factory reset properly, i.e you must make sure the device is off. To do this, push and hold the power button for at least 15s. And no matter what the screen says, unless it goes on, just do not assume you know the power state for your Kobo as you could have the unit on and un unresponsive or off screen)

Then, press and hold the Home button, then while holding the Home button, slide the power button. The unit should turn on with a green light then a red light (this is the indication that factory reset was triggered).

If you still cannot initiate the factory reset, then by all means contact Kobo and they should sort you out.

François
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote