View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by relbeig View Post
My KT is 11 months old, I sync'd it yesterday by WiFi and since then it isn't recognized by my computer, it is frozen with a white screen, and the green light flashes all the time. I have tried the pin reset - just switches off the green light which comes back on again when I switch on. Have tried the factory reset by holding home button and sliding power on......both quickly and also holding power for long time - nothing......PLEASE HELP! Does this qualify as a warranty claim if I can't get it to restart?

Thanks in advance for any help.
After charging try all of these exactly as written.

Performing a basic reset
A basic reset will force your Kobo eREader Touch to restart properly.

To do a basic reset:
1. If possible, turn your eReader off.
2. Turn it over and locate the small hole on the back.
3. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
4. Press gently until you feel a click.
5. Your eReader should restart.

This is how to do a factory reset when you can't do it from within the device:

Turn off the device by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.
Turn it back on while keeping the HOME button pressed.
This will trigger the factory reset. There is no YES/NO prompt. Don't turn off the unit while it's doing this. No USB cable connected.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote