Thread: Which Ereader
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by queens_own View Post
Just thought the backlight might be good as I have four different lights and none of them are brillient, some don't light the whole page, some are just too big and bulky to carry around, but its more important to be able to load books easily and be able to read them easily, I use Mobi as it seems to fit my page just right and doesn't need fiddling with.
The new e-readers like the Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo etc all have a light included. It's just that they use different technology to light the screen and they are frontlit, not backlit like a LCD monitor, or a tablet.

Depending on where you live (for availability of the different e-readers), where you prefer to shop for your ebooks, and your willingness/ability to remove DRM and convert from one format to another, any one of the latest e-readers could be ideal. If you like Amazon and shop there, go for the Paperwhite, if you prefer to use epub format, consider the Glo.

Your options are (and all have improved screen resolution except the Nook):

Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo Glo
Nook with GlowLight
Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote