I have got a one-page extract from a German book (don't know the title, it was sent to me by a colleague whom I asked for a "small example").
This pdf file shows all "symptoms" as my "original" one, so it should allow you to "test" it on your devices.
Please report the results -> if there are problems specific to the "mixed" firmware, I will need to try to contact the "author" of it.
Note: the issue 7) reported in my previous post does NOT appear with this pdf file as I am able to "select" single words in this "book" -> this problem appears in pdf files that originate in LaTeX, I believe.
P.S. I just noticed one more thing related to the issue 2) reported in my first post here. If the German umlaut character is uppercase, you will see only one character in the "full screen" dictionary window (i.e. after "clicking" the "D" icon), but in fact there is another one which is "invisible", right after the one that you can see -> you need to delete two characters (and then introduce a single one from the keyboard), if you want to get the "translation". If the German umlaut letter is lowercase, you will see both "wrong ascii characters".
Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.