View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #31
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I agree, companies will be more receptive to individual responses rather than a template. There are a lot of companies that are clueless but the import of the letter suggests these people don't know their own market. I suggest they may be blindsided by the increasing demand for reading material in electronic form but I don't believe they are not aware of what is happening. I am only suggesting that we not to talk down to them. My take is to explain ones interest with electronic media and the growing market for this type of delivery system. Then maybe suggest sources to check out if they want to investigate further this market.

Here is an idea for changing the minds of publishers. Buy, buy, buy and buy more ebooks. If we show our "readers" to friends and family who are the ones that are not aware of this device and then they buy one that is one step toward tipping the scale. Then keep on buying books in electronic form. When the numbers show a loss of sales to companies providing ebooks then the publishers will change how they operate. The power of the purse/wallet is greater than the letter.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote