View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #187
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Friday there will be a big sale on these, so I urgently need to know if the lower-resolution screen is a problem for reading with the Kindle app. Can someone with experience in reading on the iPad mini please comment on this? I was disappointed with the Kindle Paperwhite and the Kindle Fire HD. I should mention I have older eyes re: lighting.
The only way to know for sure would be for you to go look at a mini in person. Everyone's eyesight is different. In specs the iPad3 with Retina screen at 268 ppi has a higher resolution than the Fire HD at 216 ppi. But I have both and for reading purposes I prefer the Fire HD screen. The iPad mini has a very low resolution at 162 ppi, but only a personal trial will tell you for sure if it is good enough for your eyes.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote