View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
Reseller inconsistencies

So, my book is starting to appear in places. And the first thing to strike me how inconsistent these places are.

Amazon seems to have gotten it right. I gave BookBaby three paragraphs of "long description". Amazon are happily showing the long description as three paragraphs. And it all happened very quickly (2 days from submission to showing up).

Kobo and eBookPie are the other places showing it so far, and that's still quicker than I'd expected, but they've both taken the long description and flowed it all into one paragraph. (If it had have been dialogue I might have been really screwed.) eBookPie have even managed to screw up the two hyphens in the text - I hate to think what they might have done with any accented characters.

So what's the deal here, do you think? Is this something I need to discuss with BookBaby, or do you get the same problem submitting from Smashwords?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote