View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #27
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
Right. From now on, I'll list that these are the Kindle editions.

From the examples I've given for Cloud Atlas, it appears that the Kindle's numbering system is much closer to the print editions than is the Adobe Digital Edition. Now, granted, it would be dangerous to make an inference from only one example, but even if it doesn't hold for other books as well, it does little to enhance my feelings for ADEs. ADEs may be some folks' cup of tea, but personally I'm not a big fan of them and see no compelling reason why they should be adopted as a universal standard. I'm perfectly happy living in my imperfect Mobi world. And any time I run across a book that's only available as an ePub that can't be converted, I can always charge up my Sony Touch and read it on that device; which is indeed something that happens quite frequently from time to time ... well, actually, so far ... never.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-25-2012 at 10:47 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote