View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderdell View Post
Good to know! I'm trying a Fire HD and it is very good as a reader but the rest of the experience is a fail. Can you tell me if books on the Kindle app have the same look/form as they do on a iPad 2? Not sure why I didn't just get the mini to begin with.
The Kindle for iPad doesn't have X-Ray or the Share features, but otherwise it is the best looking of the Kindle apps.

Totally agree that my Fire HD is a great reader but a terrible tablet otherwise. I just took it on a Thanksgiving trip to see family. I took it solely because of its small size. I read on the airplanes and watched videos at night. It worked, but not that well. Android really blows chunks IMO. In retrospect I should have taken my iPad 3 instead! Apps just work so much better on the iPads.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote