View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #39
lokisarrow
Enthusiast
lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lokisarrow can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I just had to post the latest review, #21, form amazon: It's not often I read a book that ends with so many questions. A book that leaves you wanting one more chapter. You know the type... fade out, but does he get the girl or the building explodes with the good guy still inside, but everyone else made it out safe...

The basic premise behind Buckeyball has been done before but not with as much style as Fabien Roy gives us. Sure we relive the same scene over and over again a la Bill Murray waking up every morning in Groundhog Day, but not once did it feel contrived or stale. James Pissola, our main character is the same as you or I and uses his gift, (or is it a curse?) for the same pursuits we would. He pushes his limits, makes some money, loves, loses, leaves, and even gets in a few scrapes with the law. And grows! This character grows up, a few times actually, in front of us.

Great character development, a hook that leaves you thinking "what if", and a spectacular attention to details...

Definitely a roller coaster ride worth being on!
Thanks, and I can't wait to read your next story!
lokisarrow is offline   Reply With Quote