View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The next morning, I awoke early. I showered and shaved clean, I even trimmed my hair. I donned my long-lapelled shirt, and my fancy sailboat tie. I felt ready to conquer. I certainly looked the part. I sprayed on some cologne, and even put on a bracelet. It was a platinum chain Christine had bought me; I hated it. I never wore it. I hated wearing jewelry altogether. I had explained this to the crazy bitch on several occasions, but I had apparently been lacking the necessary conviction to part the drunken fog from her ditzy little brain. I hated the way it felt on my skin, I found myself compulsively flicking my wrist, adjusting it constantly. But it added to the look. I even throw gel in my hair, going all out. Gazing in the mirror, I didn’t recognize the man I had become. I looked like some guy named “Fat Cat Charles,” or “Boston Monroe.” I headed to the interview. I was a strange man in a strange city, back in my own truck. I arrived at the office, where a couple of other guys were walking up as well. They were also wearing shirts and ties, but I only spotted one of them with a bracelet. It appeared there would be some competition.
Echase is offline   Reply With Quote