View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #101
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
No, you were wrong even before Windows 8.
Apple Mac malware: A short history (1982-2010)
And of course Sophos is a totally unbiased source... in the days before OS/X when I was doing Mac support for clients, ranging from individuals to large companies, I only once came across a virus in the wild on a vicar's machine and it took a good 5 minutes to deal with. As far as OS/X is concerned there have been far more proofs of exploit than actual "out in the wild" attacks and they mainly have more social engineering then random infection in common... people D/Ling material from dubious sources and clicking on oddball links without engaging their brains...

This is not saying Macs are immune... nothing is immune but some things are more likely than others... and I pay far more attention to AV software on my PCs (physical and virtual) than I do on my Mac... and guess which platform has caused me trouble with attacks...