View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoonsmallhagrid knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: EZReader
Wink Wow.

Thanks Agama:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Since calibre's CLI gives you all the tools that you require, why don't you have a go at building your own GUI to utilise them? It may take a bit of effort to understand the CLI in detail and some sort of GUI designer, but it could be an interesting project and you could share your results with the calibre community.
What you've described would really be a career change for this old guy, and when that time comes (if ever ?!?) it is unlikely to be related with any sort of coding adventures.
Having worked these last 20+ years with technology after the prior 15 with powerplants & other huge machines, it's likely to be something requiring very little learning & even less physical effort than what I do presently.

There are many, many, many un- and under-employed coders who could easily do such a project in their sleep (I was once roomates with such a one many years ago, before he got rich) and I am a mental midget compared to someone like that.
(But thanks for the vote of confidence; it is undeserved by me.)

My plea for mercy in the commandline vs. the GUI realms now has made its debut on the Universe's Consciousness.
As such it will be answered at some point, inevitably - whether I ever know it or not.

Best Wishes to ALL !!!
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote