View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
dtakahashi
dtakahashi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Post Confusion over library use.

Good Day!
I am a new user, so please pardon my asking a question that may have been asked and answered.

I am trying to use libraries to place my ebooks into useful categories. I am using the calibre library as my current reading list, and as books get read I move them into libraries. I am running 0.9.6 and I am seeing only 12 libraries in the Quick Switch menu (not the reported 24). I can go to switch/create and use the existing library to include one NOT listed in the list of 12.
I see in this forum that we are advised to use a single library, and create shelves (not unlike shelves in a library) using tags. This I certainly can do, but the problem I see is keeping the tags remembered as time goes on. Having them in the Quick Switch means I know what libraries to choose from.

What I am trying to accomplish is being able to see the tree from the forest. I am willing to copy and delete all my books in their libraries back into the calibre library, and then apply tags, but I want to make sure this is what best practices dictate.

The reason I found this is I finished a book and was going to copy/delete it to its appropriate library, but the library was not listed. I thought it had been deleted somehow, but it is there. I scratched my head awhile and tried the switch to existing library and it appeared in the quick switch and copy to library list.

Please advise.

Thanks
dtakahashi is offline   Reply With Quote