View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because a hidden vote means that people aren't influenced by what they see other people voting for. It just seems a better system all round to me.
But doesn't an open poll give us more information to take into account so that we are able to make an even more informed decision??? Isn't that something that every true democrat wishes, all available information laid out to all persons concerned?

But seriously (and others have said it here with much more eloquence): I don't doubt the quality of the decisions found by hidden votes. I would agree that it might be higher than with open votes although one can't measure it properly. The problem is that the quantity of the communication has declined, and that's why we want to have open voting back.

Last edited by Billi; 11-24-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote