View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #16
Hamlet53
Empress Dowager Cixi
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I listened to Ethan Frome from Audible a couple weeks ago and liked it a lot. The narrator Scott Brick does an excellent job. Although I want to re-read Crime and Punishment, I think it is very dark for the Christmas season. Every month I end up reading the winner as well as one or two nominees. I'll read The Good Earth and Cold Comfort Farm no matter what. Great choices!
I agree that Crime and Punishment is dark, but in the end Raskolnikov finds redemption. Ethan Frome though is a downer from start to finish. Then I would not pull for either one as the winner. Only I, Robot would be a complete non-starter for me, while Ethan Frome, The Good Earth and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (the film was much better) I have read recently enough that I would not really care to read again at this time. I could be satisfied with any of the others, but hope it is either my nomination of Quo Vadis and, if not that, Cold Comfort Farm.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote