Originally Posted by BibboTheGreat
I am new here and I like this forum because there are many opinions
I have questions at the moment about the Boox i62HD:
1) Use of dictionaries: How can I install them? Where can I find them? (I can use the dic.install files such as in the Cybook Odyssey? "http://126.96.36.199/dic") Can I search the word like in a Kindle Touch, just touching on the display?
2) PDF rendering and reflow? What about them? I was close to order the new Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight, but a German guy's review discouraged me: maybe there is a problem with the PDF rendering (I'll write an other post about it)
3) Boox looks more as computer than a simple eReader! what are the functions?
4) Is it possible to download a manual in English language? (it would the simple way to calm-down all my doubts) :-) heheh
you can download and try out a lot of StarDict dictionaries. Please note that the downloaded format must be StarDict (not XDXF)
Please also check that link if the link above is dead:
How to install Stardict dictionaries to Onyx Boox:
1. Create folder "dicts" (either on a SD-card or in internal memory)
2. Unpack the downloaded archive - it contains a folder with 3 files.
3. Create a new folder in your "dict" folder with the name of dictionary (stardict-English_German e.g.) and copy the 3 files into this folder
2) IMHO PDF Readers of Boox are much better than on other EINK devices. Just try it.
3) You are right. An ereader is actually a computer with all basic functions, which a computer has.
4) User manual (with explanation of recently implemented features) will be available soon.