View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #258
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Ok Blossom, get ready to be bombarded with questions from me also - I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Player (and this cover). This will be my first Android device - so excited
You will enjoy this device! I bought hubby and myself each one last year on Cyber Monday and we have loved them! They were our first Android devices as well! I since got a used Galaxy Note, which is better on my eyes for reading, but trust me, the Galaxy Player still gets plenty of use, thanks to the long battery life. It's a neat device. And the TPU case and Amazon GPS case are exactly what I figured out to use last year. They work great.

Most apps are going to be fine for Android 2.3.5, so don't worry about that. You might not be able to get some of the HD tablet style apps, but there's lots of choice for reader apps and other stuff.

If you want a screen protector (given the screen is plastic, acrylic I think), I have had good luck with the Lexerd protectors on Amazon. Easy to install. I recommend the clear as opposed to the anti-glare.

Anyway, congrats and have fun with your new device! And keep an eye out, last year Google had a pretty good app sale before Christmas, they might do it again, you never know.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote