View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #95
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
I wrote the Calibre version of the X-Ray generator - not the original web version - which was a bit foolish of me, since I don't actually have a newer Kindle which supports X-Ray, so I can't actually tell if it works or not.

But now I guess there are probably more X-Ray-capable Kindles around, so hopefully someone who has one can help out a bit.

What would be really useful is if someone could was able to:
1. get an official X-Ray file for a book (are there any free books with X-Ray data?)
2. generate a X-Ray file for the same book from the web version, or the Calibre plug-in
3. post them somewhere for comparison

That might help to nail down the problems. Since (AFAIK) there's no officially published file format it's hard to work out what's wrong.
Here's the original X-Ray file for a free Kindle book called "The Sword and The Flame: The Forging":

[snip]

I imported the book into Calibre and converted to (old format) MOBI, then used the web-based X-Ray generator to generate an X-Ray file. It's available here:

[snip]

Hope this helps.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-22-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Uncertain as to copyright status of the material in X-Ray files.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote