Originally Posted by Quexos
Why is it that everyone seems to want a laptop. I worry that desktop computers might become a thing of the past. We all have a laptop regardless of our needs to actually move around with it. I'm sure many just keep it at home on their desk so the "portable" specificity isn't used.
Laptops provide flexibility. For most people, a laptop is enough computer and prices are reasonable.
The reason I could put my hands on that info so quickly is that I just purchased a new computer. I looked at laptops and decided to go with a desktop. This one
. For $400.
- case has accomodations for two additional disks
- PCIe slot for improved graphics if appropriate, though HD 4000 is capable out of the box
- HDMI connector for second display
- Fast CPU with upgrade path to i7
- 7200rpm 1t disk
- Quad core for multitasking
- 8g of RAM
It's all packed in a really nice case that is spacious without taking up a lot of room. You can't get that in a laptop.