View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
bloodlover
Enthusiast
bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm sorry but there's nothing to "bite" here. I'm not trolling or trying to "get a rise out of those of us who love the book." I recommended the movie because the acting and costumes might interest someone more than this overrated book.

Yes the book is boring, unless you like to read endless pages of useless talk at parties and how Scarlett can't decide what dress to wear. Nothing important ever happens before the war starts but like I said in my previous post after that the action does get better.

As far as characters go, again they are boring and shallow. They all see the world through their narrow view that only goes as far a little outside Tara. I actually enjoyed to see the war coming and hitting them hard in the face. Melanie is so lovable and naive that at some point I wanted to throw my book to the guy sitting at a nearby table in the pub. Ashley is just another spoiled brat who turned out miserable even though he always got what he needed (even during the war when everyone was struggling to survive). The only character that is worth mentioning in the book is like I said, Rhett.

You want to read a book where characters in high society are actually interesting? Try Anna Karenina.
bloodlover is offline   Reply With Quote