I would hold on and not cancel. Call each day if you want. If someone else cancels theirs you might just be the next in line to get one. So if you cancel now you may have to wait a long time. Also the Rep could be wrong. So if it was me I would just wait.
You could also check Best Buy each day and see if they get one in.