View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #2827
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Release ScreenSavers 0.33.N, with the same processing tweaks than the K5 port, meaning we get prettier covers in cover mode .

Speaking of the cover mode, if anyone with a DX or DXG could test it, I'd be very glad .
I'm relying on some system settings to get the screen size, and I'm not sure they're actually up to date (they're not on the PW, for example, so I have to detect it myself). Also, ImageMagick spikes at ~75MB, so I'd like to know if that's causing problems on the DX... (It doesn't on my K2, so I'm hopeful, but, still ).
will test this on a DX tonight mate

Quote:
Your Kindle Charge is too low to safely install this update... Recharge it you fool and try again
EDIT: Okay so installed just fine.

Quote:
If you intend to use the cover feature:

It will use the cover of the last book opened as the current screensaver.
You'll need to first install the Python package attached to this post.
Done

Quote:
just drop a blank file named cover in the linkss folder. Restart your Kindle ([HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Restart), and you're done
root@kindle# touch /mnt/us/linkss/cover; restart framework

Done.

Testing now
Blank screen - Doing full restart

Okay. still blank. So I reinstalled the the SS thingy and now it's working. Testing continues.

Moral there? Install Python first numbnut (TBH I thought I already had but meh - no excuse)

I have noted the books appear to need to be opened twice to cache screen. I suspect that this is in fact just the time required to generate the previous image and "twice" is just voodoo. Running some tests now.

Last edited by twobob; 11-20-2012 at 03:29 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote