View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Firmwares for the REB1100 can be found here under the links 'ram 305 original' and 'ram 305 rus' (modifed 3.05 with russian fonts). I think ver. 3.05 is the last firmware produced.

These websites have a lot of information on the REB1100 and firmware and such:
- http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB120...0.htm#moreinfo
- http://www.inna-grafics.narod.ru/reb1100/reb1100.htm (in russian)

Firmwares for the EBW1150 are encrypted and property of ETI. As such they are not of any use, info wise. The ETI website has a copy of the latest firmwares for the EBW1150 and REB1200.

However, the russian site ebook.org does have a post about russia'fying the fonts in the REB1200 firmware by Goldy dated March 9, 2008. I have a copy that firmware, but it is of no use to me as I don't speak/understand russian! I love my REB1200 just the way it is, thank-you!

The attached image shows the english translation of Goldy's post.

There was a program to dump the ROM/firmware on REB1200's that were on version 3.3 or earlier called "reb12dump.zip"; however, it no longer works on recent (v4.x) firmware versions.

As an aside, does anyone have a copy of the (unencrypted) 4meg REB1200 ROM from v3.3?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldy-post.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	15051  
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote