View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Lima Bean
Connoisseur
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Can someone who prefers reading in landscape mode explain to me why they prefer those long lines? Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing you, I just don't understand. Researchers tell us that a line length of approximately 8 words is optimal for reading comfort and speed. That is one reason e.g. why newspapers use columns. For ereaders that means portrait (unless you use very large fonts).

Back on topic: some e-reader manufacturers may have read about this research as well, and decided that it's not worth it to implement landscape mode.
My eyes are bad. I use a large font. This means I get less than 8 words in regular mode. Landscape is what's comfortable for me.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote