Thread: iPad Good PDF-Plus?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
freewheeling
Zealot
freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, Lenovo IdeaPad, Kindle PaperWhite
Thanks for the advice. I ended up with a Lenovo S2109, which has Google Play. I wanted the 4:3 aspect ratio in a 9.7 inch screen and neither of the Nexus devices had that, and the iPad is about twice the price of the Lenovo. The screen seems fine. I'm a little disappointed with the battery life, but I suppose that's the price you pay for getting a tablet instead of an eInk device. Ironically I was able to fix my old Kindle 2i so I have that as backup.

Regarding the future of Google and Android, I know that Google is being pretty aggressive about hiring good people to develop products for them, because they bought out one of my favorite TV/Video apps (SageTV) and have those people working for them now. I think they have big plans for Google Play.
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote