View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #2810
freewheeling
Zealot
freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, Lenovo IdeaPad, Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you would have access to all files from the elevated permissions mode.

it would be stored as /mnt/us/your-FAT-files-are-here-mate -
this is the root location of your userstore.

one could simply rename it from there assuming you are indeed logged in via SSH usb0.

I politely suggest you read around the issue a little more. The tools work fine.
I wasn't clear about what "debug mode" was, until I watched a video. I thought the instruction set was something that came from Jailbreak or usbNet, but typing `help cleared that up. I had to assume that the command `usbQa was the one to shut off usbNet. Thanks for the advice. Always good to know there's more than one way to do something if I even get stuck. I used to play around with an early version of Redhat (4.0 I think) so have had some experience with the directory structure, but it's been a long time. Couldn't even remember how to delete or rename a file. :-)
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote