View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #14
freewheeling
Zealot
freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, Lenovo IdeaPad, Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This would not be the kind of information that it would be appropriate to post to MobileRead.

Thank you.
There isn't anything illegal about changing the serial number of a motherboard, it's just that Amazon chooses not to support it because they'd rather sell you a new device than have you repair an old one. As far as illegalities go, removing the DRM from protected eBooks is a lot more "illegal" than changing the serial number of a Kindle motherboard.

If I'm wrong, quote me the law.